Monday, December 19, 2016

Artek Limited Edition Midnight Blue Editions

Not sure where I've been this year and how I haven't seen these beauties thus far but I have just come across Artek's Midnight Blue editions of several of their designs and I am completely in love!

The pieces are available in various different variants already, which I have admired for some time, but the new Midnight Blue versions have to be my new favourites. The only downside is they're limited edition and only available until January 2017 so unfortunately I will be missing out but I suppose there's no harm in looking.

Artek A110 Pendant Lamp, Alvar Aalto via Skandium
Artek 115 Umbrella Stand, Alvar Aalto via Skandium
Artek Kanto Magazine Rack, Pancho Nikander via Skandium

The top two designs are designed by the Finnish Architect and Designer Alvar Aalto who I must admit that I have a slight obsession with, it's no coincidence that I named my blog after a quote of his - "Beauty is the harmony of purpose and form" Alvar Aalto 1928. I seriously love his work, it speaks to me and inspires me more than any other designers ever has. His designs are modern, simple and functional yet with his use of natural materials and organic curves, and Aalto's philosophy that his furniture "is made with the ambition to support and nourish human beings’ physical and psychological wellbeing", his work is warm and friendly and improves it's users lives. Oh and it also happens to be flipping beautiful!

Much love,

- Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment